Thursday, June 30, 2011

Muy Delicioso Mexican Lasagna

Browsing through the blogosphere yesterday, (Partially looking for something to cook for dinner, partially looking for things to post to my pinterest account, but mostly looking to kill the last 4 hours of my workday) I came across a recipe from Artsy Fartsy Mama's Blog for Mexican Lasagna.

There are always several more mouths to feed in my house than just Mike and myself. Being the only one of his friends with a girlfriend, Mike has sort of become the man of the "cool house" as of late. All single 30-year old men within a 10 block radius seem to congregate to our house around dinner time. Strange...perhaps it's because we have something besides a jar of mayo and 30 pack of beer in our fridge?

Needless to say I have quickly run out of ideas that are new and exciting to feed my ever-growing family. It's always a good or bad thing when you experiment with a new recipe and test it out on several people at once, (sometimes - let's be honest - it's a friggin disaster) this instance I feel can be counted as a success. Trust me, it tastes WAY better than it looks.

Are you ready for The. Easiest. Recipe. Ever?

You'll need:
  • Tortillas
  • Beans (black or refried)
  • Enchilada sauce
  • Veggie crumbles (and/or cooked ground beef)
  • Tomatoes
  • Rice
  • Olives
  • Cheese
  • Whatever the heck else you would put on your enchilada or burrito (lettuce, jalapenos, sour cream, tostada shells would also be quite delicious etc.)

Take the tortillas and cut them into halves and fourths. Layer them the way you would lasagna, starting with tortillas. (It's best if you make your first layer mostly cheese and "meat" so that it's sturdier.) 

Make sure your layers - Especially your first layer - covers the whole area entirely. Otherwise, you will be SOL when it comes cutting time. 


Add whatever you want between layers. Cook on 350 for 30 minutes. During cook time, I also took some leftover tortillas, cut them into strips, and fried them up in a pan with EVOO and a little chili powder. Once the lasagna was done, I put the tortilla strips on top. De-lish!

The boys got to it before I could get an actual "before" picture,  but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment