Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Corn on the Cob worth Craving

Cori is the first one that showed me this corn recipe. We made it for our 4th of July BBQ and the boys were literally eating it as I was replenishing the tray. (I guess that means it's a thumbs up from them)

The recipe calls to be soaked, prepared inside the husks, re-wrapped and then grilled. We, unfortunately, do not have a grill big enough to sustain 24 ears of corn + all the grilled veggies and meat that we had so we just boil our corn in a big stock pot and prepare it the same way.

You want to start by spreading mayonnaise on the corn. I know, it sounds gross, but just trust me. We use the kind that is made with olive oil so it's probably a lot better for you than butter anyway.

You sprinkle chili powder then salt & pepper over your mayo'd corn then top it off with some finely shredded parmesean cheese.

Once  you've tried this corn, I can almost guarantee that you will never go back to the old butter 'n' salt method.



Enjoy!

XoXoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment