Monday, July 11, 2011

Family Room Redo

I am slowly getting my house nearer and nearer to completion. Not that I ever intend on being "finished"...as there are always things that can be done to improve or mix things up!

This weekend I spent quite a few hours in the family room. The more I looked around, the less I liked it. I knew that I had more to do in here, but all of a sudden I couldn't wait anymore. I had to do it, and I had to do it - now.  Perhaps my new desk sparked my inspiration and creativity? At any rate, I found myself being faced with two problems. Luckily, I was able to cure them both.

Problem #1: Hideous hand-me-down pillows that have been taunting me from the corner of my craft room for months...and my space for years (sad, I know).

Yuck!


Solution #1: A quick trip to Joanne's fabric + one old shower curtain that had also been the cause of much aggravation. 

Chocolate and Teal - wonderful combo in my humble opinion


Problem #2: Too much boring beige in my family room. Everywhere I look - boring, boring, and more boring!

We usually use this ottoman for additional seating

Toby and Boozer love cuddling on this boring couch



Solution #2: See Solution 1* 'nuff said. 

I la-la-LOVE the french damask pattern

Comfy AND cute!


And look how lovely my desk looks with those few pops of color!! Yaaay me!

Target sure is wonderful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment